Release Train Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for Agile Release Train (ART) processes and standards, program-level planning, execution and continual improvement. Facilitates Scrum-of-Scrum forum, manages Program Level impediments and risks, and ensures the Release Train stays on track for program-level Initiatives and features delivery. Accountable for ensuring transparency about the ART’s delivery, risks, and accomplishments.
- Manages and tracks program-level execution and PI feature delivery, escalates impediments and risks (produces reports). Manages and tracks ART-level metrics and score card.
- Drives program-level continual improvement and consistency across Agile Release Train via retrospectives and Scrum-of-Scrums forums.
- Collaborates with other RTEs for resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
- Establishes Program Increments calendar. Plans and facilitates the Program Increment planning event. Aggregates team objectives into Program PI Objectives and publishes for visibility and transparency.
- Facilitates Program feature Grooming and manages program-level backlog.
- Facilitates Program Level Dependencies with other Release Trains and Shared Services.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management
- 4+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum-of-Scrum lead and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum lead or Scrum master, and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum lead or Scrum master, and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.