If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Central Coverage Design Team (CCDT) consists of subject matter experts who perform RF propagation studies on both small and complex two-way radio communication system designs. Our customers are primarily state and local public safety markets but include commercial businesses and Utilities. The services provided by CCDT include radio system site selection, voice and data coverage analysis, traffic loading analysis, frequency re-use planning, intermodulation(IM), receiver de-sense analysis and frequency spectrum mining.
A CCDT engineer is responsible for performing propagation studies for the field teams as well as providing guidance based on those results. This includes selecting the parameters and modeling coverage of the system based on system coverage requirements such as:
- Radio Coverage and Design
- Voice and Data Capacity Analysis
- Understanding Customer Requirements
- RF Link Budget Calculations
- Participation in Proposal Reviews
- Licensing Studies
- Contributes to Standard Practices
- Use of ArcGIS tools
- Scripting languages such as Python, Google Apps Script are helpful but not necessary
Additional Knowledge / Skills:
- A positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
- Good multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Good general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals for voice/data architectures (e.g. APCO P25, LTE) is highly desirable.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or similar degree is required and 2+ years of experience or MS degree and 0+ years of experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.