Redstone is one of the fastest-growing fintech startups in the country focused on streamlining the creation of esoteric alternative asset classes. The fintech disruptor dismantled the MBS ecosystem, streamlining it with a digital platform that employs AI and machine learning tools to eliminate unnecessary steps and redundant time-wasting approval processes. Redstone's growing MBS partner network includes institutional and retail investors, forward flow partners, brokerages, and mortgage lenders.
In pursuit of that mission, Redstone is seeking a Ruby Developer (Full-Stack) to join the Development team in Chicago. As a Ruby Developer, you will play a key role in the implementation of our products and various platforms. You will be part of a passionate agile engineering team creating innovative software.
What you’ll do at Redstone:
- Work with product owners and internal members to interpret feature requests and develop software using agile development processes
- MVC Architecture framework experience
- Good understanding of AWS services
- Familiar with PostgreSQL and database structure
- Engage in the full development life-cycle including architectural design and testing
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Ensure interfaces function quickly and beautifully across devices
- Build and Use API’s for web and mobile clients
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Continuously improve how we design, build, and ship software as a highly functional team
Why you are a fit at Redstone:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing backend Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in both front-end and back-end architecture
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and SaaS application development
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in cloud infrastructure preferred (AWS, Heroku, etc)
- Ability to understand complicated problems and craft into simple solutions that can be maintained by the rest of the team
We believe talent and drive are worth more than words on a resume, ideas and execution are more important than titles and everyone is an owner. We collaborate with highly-motivated, intelligent people to stay true to our motto - Redstoners are doers.
At Redstone, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.