SaaS Architect (Chicago or Downers Grove)
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
** This role can be based in Chicago or Downers Grove **
We’re looking for an experienced SaaS Architect who has broad experience designing and building applications native to Microsoft Azure and/or AWS. Based in either Downers Grove or Chicago, you will lead, inspire, and inform development of a complex client-facing cloud-native platform. This is an important architectural leadership role, with the opportunity to engage across HAVI service lines and delivery teams; you should have amazing interpersonal skills and a high EQ.
- Create and maintain reference architectures for various types of cloud-native solutions
- Provide architectural oversight across multiple teams
- Help determine how information flows through and beyond our organization
- Deal with large volumes of data at speed and help to build tools that directly impact our clients
- Collaborate with product owners, service line leadership, fellow architects, and the Governance team
- Ability to code, to help best communicate concepts, POCs, and to solve our toughest problems; help set the standard for engineering excellence
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10 years of software development experience.
- 4-5 years architecting and designing applications for major PaaS (Azure or AWS)
- Systems integration and deployment experience; familiarity with CI/CD environments.
- Significant experience with OO and Functional programming.
- Solid foundation in infrastructure, including networking, hosting models, redundancy, parallelization, and infrastructure automation tooling.
- Experience leading within an Agile framework is required, exposure to other project management methodologies is a big plus
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success