Salesforce Architect at Caterpillar
At Caterpillar, we’re delighted to be making a significant investment in our Salesforce capabilities. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Salesforce Architect. This role will have primary focus on the Community Cloud vertical but will also assist in Architecture/Design components in the Sales and Service Clouds. This role will function as a senior member of Salesforce Solutions Team, maximizing the value of the Salesforce product while adhering to sound architectural practices. This role will frequently collaborate with Data Architects, Platform Architects, Solution Architects and Agile development teams to ensure we are building a scalable environment that meets our customer needs and prepares us for continued innovation.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
• Leads architecture solutions across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud verticals as well as Heroku and Integration projects
This position is recognized within the Cat Digital community as an expert in the Salesforce ecosystem. The Salesforce Architect will create and maintain architectural best practices, addressing application, data and technology in the context of business process across the various cloud verticals.
Key areas of accountability include participating in the development of Architecture Solutions for Strategic Cat Digital projects and programs; provide input into global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans; act as a researcher and evaluator of new technology, information or integration standards; and participate in strategy development for a specific technical or business domain.
Responsibilities include one or all the following:
• Create data architecture for datasets within Analytics. This can include data within Salesforce or external systems
• Einstein Analytics Dashboard development with use of SAQL, Bindings, XMD, etc.
• Use of Dataflow to transform Salesforce platform data into analytic datasets
• Participate in the Architecture assessment and design for Salesforce functions that provide core capabilities to our business units.
• Lead Architecture design of integrated systems across a global footprint with users all around the world.
• Participate in the design and implementation of data model and metadata structures.
• Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for simple to moderately complex projects.
• Participate in technology evaluation and recommendations.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of Logical Technical Architecture diagrams.
• Applies an enterprise-wide view to solutions to support the adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
• Participates in the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the Salesforce Architecture.
• Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions including multiple Business Units and Divisions. In addition, this person may have direct relationships with Cat Digital Supervisors and Managers, and in some cases Directors. External contacts include various companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar and/or suppliers who provide hardware or software to Caterpillar.
The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly, some which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action with oversight as appropriate, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. Communications for needed investments, architectural changes, or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet strategic business capability needs
Typically, this position will require an accredited, four-year Information Technology degree, a closely related technical degree, or equivalent experience. Multiple Salesforce certifications along the Architectural path is recommended.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or IT related field
• 4+ years’ experience in a Salesforce Architect role
• Salesforce Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Application Architect or Data Architecture and Management Designer
• Demonstratable experience delivering component, product, and/or enterprise architecture in public cloud and/or hybrid eco-systems.
• Strong hands on coding experience with an OO languages (Java, Spring, Python, etc.)
• Knowledge of options and approaches for handling security requirements such as Single Sign On and data security.
• Must have excellent communication and influential skills
Top Candidates will also possess these qualifications:
• Salesforce Certifications: Advanced Administrator, App Builder, Developer I/II, Integration Architecture Designer, Sharing and Visibility Designer
• Solid understanding of Agile SDLC practices
• Experience with integration of 3rd party applications into Salesforce using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and Integration/Middleware tools such as Informatica, Jitterbit and MuleSoft.
• End-to-End implementation experience with the Salesforce platform.
• Experience with test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc.