Salesforce Developer, Managed Services at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Performance Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking to hire an Engineer to work as part of our Performance Services practice on Salesforce.com development, support and enhancement. This person will need to demonstrate an understanding of software engineering concepts and be responsible for working on full lifecycle engineering efforts using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns and practices. Candidates will be working collaboratively with client and project teams as well as working from proposal development to deployment and support. An on-call rotation is associated with this position.
Areas of responsibility:
- Meet with clients to determine business, functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training and documentation
- Participate in the sales cycle as needed (solution definition, pre-sales, estimating and project planning)
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans)
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Desk and NOC ticketing for advanced issue resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree required - Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on Salesforce platforms or other CRM software packages (Microsoft CRM, InterAction, SalesLogix, Oracle On-Demand, SAP etc.) preferred
- Direct experience working on CRM projects for middle market and enterprise size companies
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
- Experience and expertise in core web technologies including:
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing)
- Software engineering skills with Java SE & EE (Java, JSF, SQL) preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as XP/SCRUM
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- A desire to work with the latest tools, technologies, and methodologies (Force.com Platform, Eclipse, Talend Open Studio, Oracle, MySQL, Visual Studio 2012, object relational (O/R) mapping (NHibernate), NUnit)
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Interested in developing their professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for clients, West Monroe Partners and personal growth
- Force.com Certified Developer Certification desired
- ITIL v3 foundations certified preferred
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without limitation
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
Named one of Consulting magazine’s “Best Firms to Work For,” West Monroe Partners is a 100% employee owned business and technology consulting organization devoted to helping businesses succeed in today’s competitive marketplace. The services we offer help our clients employ advanced technology to solve complex business problems. West Monroe Partners provides business and technology expertise in the development of integrated solutions to serve our clients' unique needs.