Packback is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our team in Chicago, IL. As part of the team at Packback, you will be partnering with business admins and people from different parts of the organization to turn organizational requirements into technical solutions by developing features for sales, marketing, and finance. Furthermore, you will be accountable for the effective architectural design of our Salesforce instance to enable scalable (low-manual effort) business growth and flexibility to support testing new initiatives.
This role is a key role at Packback. As our first Salesforce engineer, you will get the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the business, to get involved with business processes across the entire company, and gain a huge amount of experience in a dynamic, EdTech environment.
To thrive at Packback, you will be a self-driven individual with a “get it done” mentality who has a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems.
Why You Should Work at Packback
- Our platform, Packback Questions, is used by hundreds of professors, and tens of thousands of college students, who collectively author millions of posts per semester. You will be a part of building a platform that has a huge impact on inspiring curiosity in students.
- Solve interesting technical problems. We reward people who like to wear many hats. You will get involved in marketing, sales, finance, and engineering.
- Packback is a rapidly growing company. If you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis, we’re a good fit for you.
You should have the Salesforce Developer 1 certification under your belt. Platform App Builder and Community Cloud certifications are a plus! The ideal candidate should have at least 3+ years of experience working daily with Salesforce Development.
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce.com developer toolkit.
- Highly skilled in building custom integrations on the Salesforce platform.
- Working knowledge of web services development using ReST APIs, and database design, architecture, and integrations.
- You pride yourself in writing clean code, test thoroughly, strong documentation, and high test coverage.
- You are a strong communicator, who is able to balance competing priorities and communicate clearly with all stakeholders.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party APIs.
Job Details & Benefits
Competitive Benefits: Our salary ranges are competitive, and have clear expectations for professional growth. We offer full health insurance; option for dental, vision, and life; Short-term disability insurance, a 401k, and unlimited vacation policy.
A culture that you can be proud to build: We work hard at building an inclusive culture of curiosity and continuous learning at Packback, where every voice matters and can make an enormous impact on the business. As with any role at Packback, being a good steward of our values, and using them to inform decisions and communication is essential.
A company that invests in you and your family: Packback offers 6 weeks fully paid, gender non-specific extended leave policy (for either parent welcoming a new child through birth or adoption, to care for a family member in need, or for bereavement).
Work-life balance: We have a lovely office located conveniently in the Loop, close to CTA lines and Metra.
More about Packback
Our purpose is awakening and fueling the lifelong curiosity in every student. We are a social learning platform powered by a proprietary A.I. that college professors use to help their students fall in love with the subject matter, drive personalized learning, and most importantly, quantify and improve student critical thinking skills.
Our commitment to diversity
Working in the Education Technology space, Packback believes it is an ethical necessity for us to work to build a diverse and inclusive team, to help us better consider the needs of our diverse audience of students with a wide range of educational backgrounds and educational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.