Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As Salesforce Engineer, you will be part of a team of Salesforce engineers and admins responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling the Salesforce platform. You will partner with Product, Sales, Marketing and Technology stakeholders to increase the restaurant supply by building scalable and robust solutions in Salesforce. You will also work with other technology teams, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders to build the self signup experience for restaurants.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design and build innovative solutions with high engineering standards leveraging full capabilities of Salesforce platform using salesforce best practices - Salesforce.com products and APIs, Apex, Lightning, Visualforce, Flows, Integrations.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new methods and frameworks.
- Build scalable and efficient solutions using event - driven software architecture and development
- Collaborate with technology, product and business stakeholders to deliver new features, build new applications, and build integrations with other systems.
- Be accountable for delivery, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring the performance of the Salesforce platform.
- Learn the Grubhub systems integrated with Salesforce and have a deep understanding of the impact of architectural changes across systems
- Own the solutions and deliverable for the team and ensure the successful integration with the systems integrated with Salesforce
- Understand and use SFDX and packages for CI/CD
- Strive for fostering an inclusive environment within and across teams
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, resilient, and scalable solutions
- Experience with code versioning, automated testing, and continuous delivery for Salesforce
- Familiarity with services outside of Salesforce including relational/NoSQL databases, REST/SOAP APIs, and cloud providers like AWS
These are the behaviors we aspire and strive to achieve and use as a guide to measure our performance. These behaviors are a practical manifestation of our Grubhub values.
- Build and enable great teams - leaders recruit, inspire, grow and empower amazing people and teams. They remove the blockers, coach, and build mechanisms to enable scale, efficiency and quality.
- We recognize, celebrate and and double down on success
- Know what you're talking about - We dive deep, understanding the subject matter at the absolute not the abstract level, We build trust because we understand and focus on the details.
- High Bar - leaders set the bar high, push the boundaries, and hold themselves and teams accountable.
- Innovative - leaders think long-term and platform-wide, inventing their way around constraints to deliver breakthrough solutions, not settling for the status quo.
- Make Informed Decisions - We favor data-driven, objective decisions. Never myopic or short sighted, always focused on what's right for Grubhub. We are also willing to revisit the decision when the world changes.
- Ownership - Leaders own problems, decisions and messages. We look for people to broaden their responsibility and accountability beyond the things they directly own or have direct influence over.
- Humble and self-critical - leaders always learn, admit mistakes and strive to improve.
- Trust and respect - leaders earn trust through the consistency, transparency and fairness of their actions. We always treat others with respect.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]