Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Salesforce Developer: Chicago
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 6th largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
The Salesforce Developer works in conjunction with the project Architect to build the technical solution for a client need. Depending on the nature of the project, this role will be required to configure the solution within the Salesforce platform and/or perform custom development, and may be called on to assist with activities like scoping and documentation.
Self-driven individual with a “get it done” mentality that has a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems. This person will build and deliver intelligent and robust solutions for Slalom Consulting’s clients as a Salesforce Developer. The individual in this role will be able to understand and translate technical requirements into working solutions within the Salesforce platform. These solutions will leverage out of the box functionality native to Salesforce where possible and extend the platform using custom Apex, VisualForce and interfaces between Salesforce and other systems. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience and be adept at developing working and thoroughly tested solutions while managing their time in a collaborative team setting.
- Translate business requirements into well-developed solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop detailed technical solution documentation that is aligned with client business objectives
- Develop, test, and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Salesforce platform
- Execute test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Participate in code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Provide detailed estimates and work breakdown structure for assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- Proven ability to develop and optimize integrated business processes across disparate systems
- 3+ years of CRM industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of Salesforce platform experience (3+ years preferred)
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce 1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Platform and the App Exchange
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce point-and-click developer interface
- Extensive development experience using VisualForce, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch Apex, and other programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Proficiency with the Salesforce data loader for import, update, and export activities in Salesforce
- Background in development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product life-cycle
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
- Hands-on experience with Lightning
- Active Salesforce certifications (Developer, Advanced Developer, Admin)
- Previous custom development experience in implementing other technologies stacks such as Java or .NET
- Web services development experience
- Knowledge of integration architecture as well as third-party integration tools and ETL (Such as Informatica, Jitterbit etc. ) with Salesforce
- Custom UI/UX development
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.