Salesforce Technical Architect at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
- Leads the technical and integration workstreams within the overall program
- Partners with the Engagement Lead and Project Manager on the overall quality of the deliverables and adherence to program status and budget
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to define requirements, deliverables, and set and manage expectations
- Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client's current and desired end states
- Provide technical oversight and governance of Salesforce projects
- Follow and help define coding standards. Lead code reviews during projects to ensure quality and appropriate design patterns are followed
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, testing, and Salesforce Platform education.
- Identification and pro-active management of risk areas and commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- 6+ years CRM experience, the majority specifically with Salesforce
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, Marketing, and Community Clouds
- Some experience of relevant AppExchange platforms such as nCino, Vlocity and other packages in the Financial Services, Healthcare or Hi-Tech space
- Strong knowledge and experience of Salesforce development and configuration. Specific qualifications:
- Understanding of systems architecture and ability to design scalable performance-driven solutions
- Understanding of key design patterns and large data volume limitations and best practices
- Understanding of data sharing and visibility considerations and how these play into platform architecture
- Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth)
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (ETL, CPQ, marketing automation, reporting, etc.)
- Strong understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies (such as Github, Copado, AutoRabit)
- Experience with platform security capabilities (TLS, SSL)
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Development experience with Apex, Visualforce, Aura Components, and Lightning Web Components
- Strong background in design/development of large web-based or client server systems, or complete software product lifecycle exposure
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design and database design
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Excellent client-facing and oral communication skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to travel to client-site 30-50% (post-COVID)
- Must be able to work legally
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.