Scientific Development Liaison
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Scientific Development Liaison to join our rapidly growing Tempus Insights team.
What You’ll Do
- Find the most exciting scientific advancements, algorithms, molecular signatures and technology that Tempus can invest in and bring to doctors and patients
- Work with academic researchers and other life sciences companies to identify unique technology that fits with Tempus’ mission, core business and capabilities
- Evaluate opportunities: assess feasibility of potential projects, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understanding scientific opportunities, timelines, costs and multiple other variables to determine optimal partnerships
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative discipline relevant to Tempus (e.g. statistical genetics, cancer genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, biomedical engineering, molecular biology or similar)
- Scientific curiosity: you can find amazing ideas and determine which fit with the Tempus core business
- Entrepreneurial: you’ll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fast
- Bias for action: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Clear thinker and communicator: Can evaluate complex scientific issues and boil down key concepts into clear opportunities
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, artificial intelligence / machine learning, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Employment Agencies:
Tempus values our relationships with our recruitment partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Tempus is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Tempus who is not a member of the Senior Leadership team.