SDE in Operations and Compliance Tools (Remote- Anywhere in US)
Groupon Operations and Compliance Tools team is in charge of the design, implementation, and operational support of internal systems that span business side and engineering departments We are looking for a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Operations and Compliance Tools team. If you are a problem solver; someone who enjoys debugging code, resolving issues, and creating solutions for common problems, then we would like to talk to you.
- Develop compliance applications for the Groupon microservice ecosystem
- Collaborate with teams in other organization to ensure that required business features and compliance rules are implemented effectively
- Build service artifacts, plan deployment, coordinate timeline and tasks with project management and teams
- Improve service stability by identifying critical service specific metrics, setting meaningful alerting thresholds, and automating alerting responses
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- BS in Computer Sciences or related fields with 5+ years in software development
- Solid knowledge with relational databases
- Experience developing and supporting web applications
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting internal and external requests / bug report in transactional environment;
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Good communication skills and team player
- Working knowledge with version control and configuration management systems (CVS, Chef, SNV, Puppet, Git)
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.