SDET Manager – CLM at DocuSign
SDET Manager – CLM
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering, Quality Assurance & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Software Development Engineer in Test Manager/Automation Manager will lead a team of 6-8 SDETs. Focusing on improving the overall quality of our software by growing and enhancing the Automation framework, tooling, process, and methodologies. This Newly-created position will work closely with SDETs, Automation Architects, QA Analysts, Engineers, and QA Leadership to accelerate the coverage, adoption, and capabilities of existing automation systems while also keeping an eye to the future for innovations and changes which can be made to further facilitate those goals.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering/Quality Assurance
- Lead an SDET team of 6-8 to develop and improve the Automated testing Coverage and quality.
- Lead the Improvement and implementation of Best practices, methodologies, and tooling to meet quality coverage needs for all aspects of supported applications.
- Utilize Agile software development practices, Continuous integration, Code reviews, Version control systems.
- This position is primarily management focused, approximately 70% management, 30% hands-on coding.
- Work in Selenium, Jenkins, C# .NET, APIs,
- Expand usage and ease of use of the automated framework for use by CLM Engineering team members and SDETs, as well as Engineers in other parts of the DocuSign Platform
- Educate and evangelize Automated testing and the Automated framework throughout the DocuSign Organization
- Support production releases and subsequent issue resolution resulting from code deployments
- Provide work estimates and risk assessment for automation of projects, test sets and/or individual test cases
- Lead Integration of Automated testing Tools and technologies with other aspects of the Engineering, Infrastructure, and support toolsets.
- BA/BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in software development industry with some focused on developing test automation solutions preferably with Selenium/Modern toolsets
- 5+ years hands-on developing Automated test solutions and framework for complex cloud solutions focused on reducing maintenance cost, Increased reliability, and robustness, Ease of use and training.
- 3+ years managing a team of 5 engineers or more
- Passion for new technologies
- Care deeply about writing high-performance, reusable code for components that will be used across our product
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C#(preferred) or Java.
- Experience developing automated tests that integrate into existing testing frameworks or with new scalable and reusable testing frameworks
- Experience working with Jenkins, Salt or comparable CI/CD software Cloud technology testing experience
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Passion for new technologies
- Care deeply about writing high-performance, reusable automation framework and components that will be used across our product
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.