SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test in the Technology department, you will lead testing for our most important systems. These systems are responsible for the collection, management and sharing of millions of reviews & ratings every month. You will use your extensive knowledge of programming and UI and API testing to make sure that we deliver high quality, high speed and high reliability software to thousands of enterprise customers and hundreds of millions of consumers.
You will work closely with co-located backend and frontend developers, DevOps engineers, as well as peer QA engineers and SDET to develop innovative automated tests that will seamlessly integrate in our continuous integration framework. Your day to day work at PowerReviews will offer unique opportunities to work with a variety of technologies and build a mastery of the most modern test concepts and tools!
- Find and debug issues during daily development of new features
- We live and breathe automation! You will write test code and implement creative automated tests to verify new and existing features.
- We mostly use Java, Selenium and JMeter but you will have the opportunity to assess our testing suite and come up with innovative languages, tools or technologies.
- Enhance automation of our development, test and deployment processes.
- Work closely with developers and participate in code reviews.
- Build expert understanding in the technologies and processes driving PowerReviews.
- 2+ years working as a QA engineer, SDET or Software Engineer writing test code for automated tests
- Familiarity with frontend testing and libraries such as Selenium and AssertJ
- Proficient in Java
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Strong understanding of testing practices including unit testing, integration testing and functional testing
- Strong understanding of the Software Development LifeCycle
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Demonstrated ability to devise testing priorities
- Proficient in at least one programming language other than Java
- Familiarity with testing SaaS applications
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver in a Java environment and the process of building out a front-end test framework
- Experience working in a Scrum framework
- Experience with source control tools
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Highly motivated self starter with an insatiable desire to learn new things
- Consistent ability to deliver on time and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excited about a high-velocity development environment and product cycle
Our Tech Stack
At PowerReviews we use lots of open source software and use Amazon Web Services (almost) exclusively. Our current stack consists of Linux, Java, Tomcat, Nginx, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ElasticSearch, React.js, Docker, and some Ruby on Rails. In AWS we make use of EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Elasticache, (both Redis and Memcached), Elastic Map Reduce, and Cloudfront. Other stuff we use includes Sumologic, Datadog, Selenium, and Packer.
Transparency: Transparency in communication drives trust.
Accountability: We hold each other accountable to execute and improve.
Learning: Continuously learn new skills to find your super power.
Collaborating: Collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners to win.
Celebrating: Celebrate the wins and share our success.