SDET at SpotHero
Have you ever disassembled something to figure out how it works? When an app crashes, do you try to figure out why it crashed, or see if you can get it to crash again? Are you really good at giving directions to lost strangers?
We’re looking for an empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, SpotHero’s Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, implement automation frameworks and tooling, and drive continuous integration, deployment and testing.
Our ideal SDET is ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable automation frameworks and tools.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts for different systems and integrations.
- Integrate automated tests into the CI/CD/CT architecture.
- Recommend quality process improvement initiatives for the development teams.
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- You have at least 3+ years of scripting and object oriented programing experience as a software developer.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience with Agile software testing and methodologies.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with microservices and container technologies
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.