ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Chief Technical Officer – Security
Ideally: Santa Clara, San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Boston (will consider remote)
ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies today with over $5 billion in revenue and hurtling towards $10 billion in revenue.
To hyperscale, we’re hiring a Chief Technical Officer of Security to:
- Design a security technical strategy that defines ServiceNow as the most trusted SaaS provider on the planet.
- Provide technical leadership across the company on the most complex, cross-functional security challenges.
- Build an external ServiceNow security research arm that will position ServiceNow as a leader in the security community and across customer security teams
- Develop innovative methods that enable security as “default” across a large and complex cloud footprint
- Design advanced methods to protect ServiceNow from cyber-attacks at all levels, including Nation State Actors
CISO office is dynamic team responsible for providing frameworks, tools, strategies, and methods to enable the business and drive down cyber risk, securing our corporate and cloud infrastructure that runs our industry leading SaaS platform. We lead by example, ensuring the highest bar of standards in technical quality across the people, process, and technology of the ServiceNow CISO organization.
This is a highly visible and critical technical executive role tasked to design security architecture and programs that will leverage new and existing technology to enable the business and drive down cyber risk, securing our corporate and cloud infrastructure that runs our industry leading SaaS platform. By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
- Join an already high-intensity, successful company in driving 2x revenues trajectory.
- Take an active role in driving and contributing to the roadmap for the CISO organization.
- Be the key connector and bring multiple perspectives to IT, Development, Product and Executive, the technical community and our customers in this important and highly visible role.
- Lead deep technical design discussions and strategy within our team, across partner teams, the company and customers ensuring that we’re building and delivering a 21st century security infrastructure.
- Revolutionize and move the needle in SaaS security cloud computing.
We need a leader with experience having designed, operated, and implemented large scale security frameworks and is well-versed in the operation of scaling security architectures. Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
- 15+ years of experience in software engineering, networking, distributed systems architecture, infrastructure, HW platforms, OS, virtualization, databases, web, and application servers
- Extensive Linux security platform experience
- SaaS, PaaS Security Engineering experience
- Extensive experience leading security programs in both large scale enterprise and commercial software companies
- Experience designing and driving programs to manage and balancing "Security first" and customer usability strategies.
- 15+years of experience managing teams and delivering security infrastructure on a global scale.
- Experience building strong cross functional relationships that foster deep engagement
- Ability to represent and promote complex business or technical security concepts both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
We are passionate about our product and live for our customers. We are hungry and humble, but we have high expectations. Joining ServiceNow is an opportunity to better yourself personally and professionally while solving real, 21st century enterprise computing challenges.Additional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.