Security Engineer II at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As an engineer on the Security Engineering team, you will play a central role in protecting our networks and systems from a variety of threats. You will closely work with Engineering and Product Stakeholders to drive and create solutions to challenging cybersecurity problems.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Management of tools and services to improve Grubhub’s security posture and help mitigate risks. This may include but is not limited to, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of the tools.
- Tune tools, configurations, and rulesets to help provide maximum security value.
- Write scripts, automate processes, and create baseline images for technology teams to use in order to streamline and build line security on existing or new processes.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Understand and articulate vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and remediation techniques and doing so in alignment with Grubhub’s policies.
- Evangelize security within the organization.
You Should Have
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud security
- Exposure to common security engineering tools (Vulnerability Scanner, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc.)
- Experience working with multiple operating systems like Linux, Windows, OSX etc.
- Working knowledge of host and network security
- Ability to write code in scripting languages to use for automation
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work as part of a growing team and the desire to learn and participate in projects outside one’s comfort zone.
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- Any previous security knowledge or experience a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.