The primary role of the Mainframe System Security Engineer is to create, modify and maintain security access on internal and external userids and security rules access for mainframe systems. All three security products, ACF2, Top Secret and RACF are utilized for supporting mainframe system access. In addition, they will review security policies, procedures, standards, baselines and may recommend and coordinate security remediation plans involving the implementation of security solutions, both technology and procedures; while maintaining an understanding of security standards, policies and procedures.
Mainframe Data Security Engineer
Basic Knowledge of Security and good security best practices
- Hands-on administration of RACF, ACF2 and Top Secret login ID's, dataset and resource rules.
- Monitor system security policy and violations/incidents
- Perform and review daily, weekly, and monthly audit reports
- Liaison with business areas and other technical support areas
- Provide customer support by preparing ad hoc reports and giving presentations
- Monitors the environment for adherence to security standards
- Must be available 24 x7
- Experience using IBM zSecure security products
- Experience with REXX or any programming language is a plus
- iSeries security knowledge a plus
- Excellent TSO, JCL, IBM UTILITIES, JES2, and ISPF a must
- Experience with CICS preferred
- Experience using Vanguard security products is desired
- Some MVS experience is a plus
- PC Skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent project deliverables and the ability to work as a global team.
- Ability to work on own initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Self starter, detailed oriented and ability to multi task
- Excellent Communication skills required
- Good written skills are required
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or ITIL Certification a plus
- Bachelors or Masters Degree Preferred
Other mainframe security products a plus