Security Engineer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Security Engineer is responsible for managing security infrastructure across multiple systems and hardware platforms, and participate in monitoring and responding to incidents.
- Build, tests, and maintain network, system and cloud computing security platforms including, but not limited to, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), firewalls, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), and vulnerability scanners.
- Manage the monitoring of networks and systems for security events, through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior such as SIEM.
- Develop reporting and dashboards for the purpose of providing appropriate visibility for robust security event management.
- Lead incident response when required, to include triage, conducting technical and forensic investigations for root cause, and assisting with remediation.
- Conduct periodic network scans to find and address vulnerabilities.
- Conduct penetration testing and work to improve the companies security posture.
- Work with business units to support the overall security program.
- Become an advocate for security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical degree plus 3+ years of related work experience
- CISSP, CEH or equivalent certification is a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, PowerShell, Cscript, and bash script
- Experience as a Security Operations Center analyst
- Demonstrated technical familiarity with the following:
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP and Networking (Routing, DNS, DHCP)
- Microsoft operating systems
- Unix (Linux and Solaris)
- Firewall administration
- Encryption technologies (SSH, TLS, SSL, IPSec)
- Intrusion detection technologies
- Antivirus (AV) and SIEM technologies
- Vulnerability management software/ penetration testing software
- Demonstrated technical familiarity of Amazon and or Google cloud computing platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong diagramming and documentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work well in high activity situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong business-service orientation
- Evening and weekend work may be periodically required