Are you passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
At Tempus, biological samples are processed in our in-house labs and turned into valuable genomic data. This data flows from on-site to an extensive cloud-based infrastructure and set of workflows that produce impactful insights. SaaS products are developed in-house by cross functional teams to share those insights with our clients.
Tempus’ approach to information security allows us to react to threats to any of the environments and workflows described above and identify and close gaps quickly. Our effective security operations engrained with comprehensive monitoring, testing, and risk management allow us to protect Tempus without reducing the speed at which we do business. You and your team set the security goals and design and deploy the products, controls, and workflows to ensure Tempus will continue to make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
As the Security Operations Center Manager, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by helping ensure we provide secure and private precision medicine methodologies for our clients and their patients
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have practical experience building and managing a SOC team
- You’re prepared from your first day to lead an Incident Response team and you’re cool in a crisis
- You’re familiar with security tools like SIEMs, Endpoint Detection and Response, and Vulnerability Management
- You’re perfectly comfortable selecting and/or working alongside vendors like a MSSP
- You’re a team player and enjoy collaborating with others working on various IT, cloud, data, and engineering projects.
- Previous experience building and/or leading a technical SOC team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Detailed understanding of Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, and Security Awareness principles.
- Experience writing Policies, Processes, and Playbooks
- Experience managing projects
- Practical knowledge of Windows, LInux, or Mac systems
- Practical knowledge of networking technologies (TCP/IP, OSI layers, etc…)
- Practical knowledge of security related technologies and their functions (DLP, IDS, IPS, EDR, IRP, FW, WAF, SIEM, etc.)
- Experience working in a HIPAA, GDPR, or other highly-regulated environment
- Experience writing queries, reports, and dashboards in Splunk.
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience with EDR tools
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for Technologists who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status