Security Operations Engineer at Amount
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:33 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 16, 2021
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is seeking a Security Operations Engineer. The right candidate for the role would provide support to the security operations organization with the objective of investigating, analyzing, and responding to cyber incidents within Amount’s network and AWS cloud services. Core responsibilities include design and implementation of cybersecurity security solutions to protect Amount assets, providing infrastructure security assessments and threat modeling exercises against potential threat vectors, while providing proactive alerting and monitoring capabilities.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll do at Amount:
- Secure Amount applications deployed across AWS cloud infrastructure including account structure IAM policies and network controls such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), subnets, and security groups, not just limited to a single workload
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) to maintain currency of cyber defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (EDR logs, individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system [IDS] logs) to identify possible threats to network security
- Proactively monitor, identify and analyze complex internal and external threats, including viruses, targeted attacks and unauthorized access
- Perform investigation of network, cloud resources and hosts/endpoints for malicious activity and assist in efforts to detect, confirm, contain, remediate and recover from attacks
- Engineer solutions to automate the security analytics platform/SIEM to make alerting more meaningful by reducing noise
- Design and enhance incident response processes for both cloud and within Amount’s network (forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation)
- Automate data collection, analysis, and report generation using script language programming (Shell / Perl / Python / Ruby)
- Work with client facing stakeholders, such as partners and vendors to help comply with information security requirements
- Educate and advise internal stakeholders on security best practices and architecture
- Maintain and improve standard operating procedures and processes
Who you are:
- 5+ years of security related experience in areas such as pen-testing, intrusion detection, incident response/handling, Firewall administration, Security analytics, and vulnerability scanning
- Programming skills in various languages (Shell / Perl / Python / Ruby / Bash) highly desired
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, etc.)
- Malware operation and indicators
- Current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Security related technologies and ability to engineer solutions (DLP, IDS, IPS, EDR, IRP, FW, WAF, SIEM, etc.)
- Security tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, Netwitness, Snort, Bro, Kali)
- Securing container systems (Docker, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes) and well versed in infrastructure as code orchestration tools (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Vulnerability scanning tools and reporting (Rapid7 preferred)
- SIEM solutions (SumoLogic, Splunk or similar) with the experience to write complex queries to configure alerts and dashboards
- AWS resources including: EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, Guard Duty, Security Hub, Inspector, Systems Manager, Config, CloudFront, VPC security configuration and Security groups
- AWS/Cloud security audit tools such as ScoutSuite, Cloud Custodian, CloudCheckr
- Security incident and event management, log analysis, network traffic analysis, malware investigation/remediation, SIEM correlation logic and alert generation
- Audit requirements (PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Security principles, techniques and technologies such as SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls and OWASP Top 10
Expert knowledge/experience with:
Prior knowledge/experience with:
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description