Security Software Engineer
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 80,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a Full Stack Security Software Engineer to join our team. The Full Stack Security Software Engineer will be responsible for developing solutions to mitigate security vulnerabilities and improve our security incident detection and response capabilities. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the security landscape, with a background in SDLC (both front and back end development), application security, secure coding practices, and process documentation.
If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you.
What your day could consist of:
- Work with the team to solve existing production security issues
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization, encryption solutions, and other security features
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project lifecycle
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies
- Produce quality, tested code, and help define coding standards and best practices
- Communicate options and trade-offs of security-related items with colleagues and leadership
- Keep informed on industry activity and advocate for new patterns or approaches when appropriate
- Mentor and grow fellow engineers
- Participate in external industry events and collaborations
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Drive to code reviews
What is needed:
- Proven experience with an object oriented language (PHP, Java, Python, etc.) and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Experience in running secure production workloads on AWS
- Experience writing automated tests
- Care about the end user experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description