Security Systems Engineer
As the Security Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring Linux based systems in an AWS cloud computing environment. You have great communication skills and excellent business insight, which will allow you to work with other employees to assist in troubleshooting or providing further education on technical issues. We will enable you to conduct technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within our infrastructure. You will ensure the system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, while enabling team members, as well as other staff.
- Design and implement security procedures and policies to ensure compliance with NIST, SOC, OWASP, and internal standards
- Architect AWS based platforms to be highly available, manageable, and compliant with company policies
- Develop high-quality maintainable scripts and programs for which you seek code reviews in addition to code reviewing peers’ work
- Own certain components or systems, and continuously work to improve them
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes for systems, software, and ancillary services
- Conduct security audits, perform risk assessments, and make recommendations to mitigate risks
- Raise issues to engineers or other employees when needed, and coordinate any needed responses or otherwise pursue issues to completion
- A Bachelor's degree with at least two years experience in a systems administration or IT role, or 2-5 years experience in similar roles
- Advanced understanding of administering and maintaining Redhat/CentOS based linux environments in a virtualized cloud computing environment (such as AWS)
- Experience with antivirus and antispyware applications, security audits, and customer security disclosures
- A solid understanding of networking, firewalls, load balancers, network routing, WAN, VPN, vulnerability scanning software, Proxy, and DNS
- Understand secure network protocols: HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SSH, SFTP, and SCP
- Ability to train and educate other employees on technical and security related topics
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash or Python for automating tasks
- Be an ambassador for the team to both our internal and external clients
- Proven capability for critical thinking, problem-solving and the patience to see hard problems through to the end with our clients
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with enterprise software, including intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering
- Experience with vulnerability scanning software
- Professional knowledge as a system administration role supporting multiple Linux hosts and related applications
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
You will do well in this role if you:
Love making practical changes and seeing your products in use. Someone who wants to create an exceptional customer experience will fit in well on our team, meaning you naturally like to find solutions to problems and in general enjoy helping people in any way you can. You take delight in debugging unfamiliar problems. The desire to keep learning is embedded in your skillset. We don’t need you to have experience with everything yet, but individuals that want to keep learning and challenge themselves thrive in this environment.
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.