A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the solution level.
You will be part of Nordstrom’s Supply Chain Fulfillable Inventory team. This team builds scalable micro-services to provide inventory availability and deliver promise to our customers, which is critical to Nordstrom’s ecommerce business growth. You will partner with product and program managers to build large scale, distributed, REST and event-based services and applications. This team’s work directly contributes to the company’s multi-pronged business objectives to continuously improve customer shopping experience, enhance customer satisfaction and increase company revenue.
A day in the life…
- Responsible for feature design; evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Implement complex features within owned services, which satisfy business objectives, with high quality
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Maintain high level of coding, testing and engineering standards
- Analyze service errors, identify performance issues and optimize solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- Lead projects inside teams with focus on outcomes and customer experience
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in practice area
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language used in the industry (preferably Java or Go)
- Contributed to design, development, validation, deployment and monitoring of multiple features for one or more cloud services running in production, at scale using AWS, Azure or similar web stack
- Experience with test automation and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience collaborating with other disciplines (program management and product management) to deliver features
- Knowledge in event driven design/implementation patterns, containers/micro-services, REST APIs
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.