Senior Android Developer at Wipfli
At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
The Senior Android Developer position is for an energetic and proactive engineer who will work alongside other application developers and support staff. We want a decisive individual who possessed the skills set to manage multiple initiatives, spanning new software development projects as well as application maintenance and support.
- Lead architecture and development of Android applications
- Coordinate with strategy, internal and external stakeholders, and design during various project states
- Be a core contributor to codebases across many projects and clients
- Collaborate closely across development disciplines to coordinate, and in some cases drive feature functionality and implementation
- Promote good team practices, such as regular code review and pair programming
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches
- Minimum of 5 years development experience with the Android SDK in Android Studio
- Experience with Kotlin and Java
- Background working with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and ability to write performant queries using SQL
- Working knowledge of software design patterns, experience writing automated tests
- Have contribute to at least 1 application on the Google Play Store
- Familiar with Coroutin/Rxjava, Dagger/Koin, Retrofit and other libraries
- Experience with MVVM with DataBinding architecture
- Experience with Unit and UI testing
Nice to Haves
- A published app in the Google Play Store that demonstrates your skills and expertise
- Experience working with alternative mobile frameworks like React Native/Fluter
- Skill is working with clients, explaining complex requirements and concerns to a variety of different audiences
- Experience building iOS and/or web applications
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar field
Our recruiting team will guide you through our evaluation and interviewing process. We will communicate an update on your status as soon as possible. The recruiting team member guiding you through this process is Jane Welch, and you can find her on LinkedIN Here. She is based in our Madison, WI office and looks forward to guiding you through this process.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.