Senior Android Developer
Want to build apps for the world’s biggest companies? At Punchkick Interactive, we transform our clients into leaders of the mobile space. We do everything—from strategy, to design, to development—in-house in a highly collaborative atmosphere. We’re looking for experienced web developers who want to join our team and help us build beautiful, easy-to-use, cutting-edge websites and web apps.
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and incredibly authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—all within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick Interactive has an unmistakable culture of excellence and we seek out folks who feel alive and thrive in this type of environment.
Punchkick has experienced incredible organic growth, landed on the Inc. 5000 five times in a row, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Sr. Android Developer position requires an energetic and proactive engineer who will work as a key team member alongside other application developers and support staff. We want a decisive individual who possesses the skill set to manage multiple initiatives, spanning new software development projects as well as application maintenance and support.
- Minimum of 3 years development experience with the Android SDK in Android Studio
- Background working with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and ability to write performant queries using SQL.
- Working knowledge of software design patterns, experience writing automated tests.
- Have contributed to at least 1 application on the Google Play Store.
NICE TO HAVES
- Skill in working with clients, explaining complex requirements and concerns to a variety of different audiences.
- Experience building iOS and/or Web applications.
- Leading architecture and development of Android applications.
- Coordinating with strategy, internal and external stakeholders, and design during various project stages.
- Being a core contributor to codebases across many projects and clients.
- Working with cross-platform (native and web) team members to coordinate, and in some cases drive, feature functionality and implementation.
- Promote good team practices, such as regular code review and pair programming.
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches.