Senior Android Developer at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a Senior Android Developer to join our team within the Rightpoint Product Organization. In this role you will:
- Develop native Android applications and frameworks using Kotlin and Java.
- Define and implement robust app architectures and complex user interfaces.
- Apply expert knowledge of Android system frameworks to solve novel problems.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to build great experiences.
- Get bonus points for experience working with BLE, beacons, and connected devices.
The Product Organization is a supportive, tightly-knit, multi-functional team focused on developing beautiful and highly functional software solutions that create new opportunities for our clients. Our designers, developers, and product managers collaborate to build innovative applications that address real-world problems. When you join us, you'll be exposed to a broad variety of exciting technologies and industries (healthcare, mobile, security, Internet of Things, accessibility, and more). We are also passionate about giving back to the community through open source contributions, hosting events, contributing to conferences, and more.
We're looking for individuals with strong product intuition who care about building software that meaningfully connects with people. We value engineering excellence alongside a commitment to helping other team members succeed.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and open to learning whatever it takes to solve new challenges.
- Care about people and how the software you make can help them.
- Have at least three years of experience shipping applications in a professional setting.
- Evaluate trade-offs, pick the right tool for the job, and advocate writing idiomatic code.
- Explain technical details to stakeholders across disciplines and levels of expertise.
- Strongly grasp how effort, risk, and dependencies impact timelines.
- Understand how to coach teams to deliver products in an Agile environment.
- Be familiar with Scrum and at home working in an Agile setting.
- Dabble in other platforms and seek to expand their technical breadth.
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!,Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.