Hey there, we’re Foxtrot.
And we’re the digitally-native evolution of the traditional corner store. Sounds fancy, no? Basically, we’re here to serve you a curated collection of daily essentials both in store and online. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve been on a mission to bring the best of the neighborhoods we’re in right to your door through a first-of-its-kind omni-channel experience. So whether it’s taking a coffee break in one of our beautifully designed shops or getting happy hour delivered in under an hour through our app, our mission is simple: deliver good stuff.
Backed by investors who believe in our mission like Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, just to name a few, we’re able to continue to build upon our vision to reimagine convenience—21st century style.
We're seeking an experienced Senior Android Engineer to join our fast-growing technology team taking our Company into the next stage of growth and beyond. You’ll be working directly with the CTO on a variety of projects to support both the consumer-facing apps, as well as infrastructure to support all operational aspects of the business.
- Lead development of our native Android application.
- Collaborating with our operations team to build internal applications to improve efficiencies in order management, inventory management, and delivery logistics.
- Building tools to help bridge the offline / online nature of Foxtrot’s business.
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools and technology to help our team.
You're a superb candidate if you've got:
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 6+ of experience with building and supporting Android apps
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Understanding of architectural patterns and how to properly test code
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Ability to effectively translate the Product, UX and UI requirements into code
- Experience with networking and integrating with RESTful APIs
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond the monthly store credit and all the coffee you could drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and expanding) benefits program (think medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401K), paid time off, and an employee discount at our shops.
At this time our team is remote, however, we're looking forward to a day in the future when we're able to safely return to our downtown Chicago office.