Senior Android Engineer
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More about the job:
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our awesome Delivery Mobile Team. Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products adopting and using cutting-edge technology. Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work on a product that will change the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical solutions and experiences for Grubhub drivers Communicate with leadership, product owners, designers, and your peers to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Mentor and participate in a small agile team
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to benefit Grubhub drivers
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong application architecture, development best practices, and new technologies
- Engage with multiple high-profile feature initiatives which have a direct business impact for 2019 and beyond
You Should Have
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Fully self sufficient in the Android platform and tools
- Experience working with team members (Engineering, Product, Design) located in multiple geographies and timezones (Chicago, New York, Europe, etc.)
- An understanding of Android app architecture and design patterns (MVVM, MVI)
- Experience with Espresso, Dagger 2, Kotlin, Gradle, JUnit, Mockito, Android Architecture Components is a plus Experience with agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks. Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.