This position reports to: Applications Development Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work together with the Application Owner to create appropriate product and technical specifications & design technical implementation strategy to deliver application effectively.
- Work closely with the Application Owner & Business Analysts, for understanding the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Have system design meet non-functional requirements. Maintain Quality of Service (QoS) attributes (e.g. Scalability, Availability, Performance, Reliability, Security, Extensibility, Maintainability, Manageability, etc.) which supports primary business Functional Requirements. Document QoS attributes that are important to our system and design choices you made to realize them.
- Create detailed architecture and technical designs for key projects including flow charts, UML diagrams, data models, ui model, database model, system integration interfaces.
- Co-ordinate division of technical tasks between in-house & vendor development teams.
- Perform design & code reviews of in-house & vendor development teams.
- Code key & complex use cases yourself.
- Be accountable for quality of delivery of all technical deliverables on the platform.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience working at a software company 8+ years and/or 6+ experience designing & implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Experience in ServiceNow platform development for minimum of 2 years
- Expertise in coding efficient, object-oriented and modularized software
- High energy, self-starter with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SOAP, REST and associated frameworks
- Knowledge of web user interface unit testing, profiling, and code tuning
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects, on time
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.