Senior Application Engineer at Fusion Risk Management
A Fusion Senior Application Engineer collaborates with Product Management to build out secure, scalable, high quality code that enables our customers to be successful. Specifically, they:
- Translate User Stories into secure, scalable, and high quality code on the Force.com platform
- Debug and solve complex issues across the application and 3rd party integrations as needed
- Collaborate and engage with Fusion's Product Management team to clarify requirements formally during sprint grooming sessions, as well as informally during sprint build activities
- Recommend potential technical solutions and feature trade-offs for user stories to Product Management
- Collaborate with Technical Architects on solution design decisions, prototypes, and technical roadmap considerations.
- Provide engineering task lists and estimates for user stories during sprint planning sessions and update estimates as new information is discovered during sprint build activities
- Facilitate code reviews for authored code and participate in reviewing fellow engineers' code, providing constructive feedback regarding code structure, security, and stability
- Engage fellow engineers in knowledge transfer sessions sharing best practices, lessons learned, or other technical findings of interest to the engineering team
- Mentor fellow Engineers on the Fusion Framework's managed packages, as well as Salesforce platform best practices
- Escalate risks to Product Management early and often as they present themselves during sprint build activities
- Lead frequent formal and informal development build demonstrations for Product Management throughout Sprints to communicate status, user story functionality built to-date, and allow for Product Management changes as needed
- Occasionally, as needed, collaborate with the Delivery and Support teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.S. Degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management Systems, Mathematics, or related STEM degree
- Strong written, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to solve ambiguous and/or complex technical challenges that span across multiple application tiers and cloud providers (Force.com, 3rd Party Integration Products, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of how technical debt can accrue across a product portfolio, and has expertise mitigating technical debt in a product portfolio.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification, or ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of application security best practices including OWASP vulnerabilities and the corresponding Force.com features that protect against them
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovation in a late-stage startup environment
- Engineering experience with a range of technology stacks (Java, .NET, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc)
- Expertise in the Business Continuity Management space with a thorough understanding of BC/DR Planning, Business Impact Analysis, Incident & Crisis Management, Emergency Notification Systems, and ITIL principals.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Agile Development Methodology Expertise (SCRUM Developer certification preferred)
- Any of the following certifications: Salesforce Platform Developer II, Salesforce Integration Architecture Designer, or Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- 4+ years' experience on the Force.com Platform as a Developer or Engineer
- 6+ years of total enterprise software engineering experience
Fusion Risk Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.