Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
At Tempus, the Application Security team’s goal is to measure our security posture, scale security risk, and provide secure-by-default approaches to engineering teams. This is accomplished by enabling the programmatic detection of application risks, performing code reviews of key components, and developing blessed patterns to code, build, and deploy securely.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Application Security Engineer to help drive a security culture and champion security initiatives at Tempus.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working directly with engineering teams to design patterns that are secure by default.
- Designing and leading Tempus-wide security initiatives.
- Researching and providing context for novel web security issues against Tempus’ products.
- Scaling security effort through automation.
- Leading threat modeling and other security assessments to help balance security risk vs. product needs
- Strong communication skills; You should have no problem explaining complex risks to an audience of engineers vs an audience of product managers.
- Good understanding of modern web technologies, their downsides, and how best to secure them.
- Know what a good, mature, application security program should look like and how to get there.
- A desire to scale security though simple and practical implementations.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-BL1