Senior Architect, Android
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our users needs and wants. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Architecture at Venmo
The Android architect will be responsible for Venmo’s Android architecture and will be working very closely with the engineering managers and tech leads to continue the journey of building the best payments Android application. This position will require in-depth knowledge on Android development. This individual will be working very closely with the all fellow architects to build the best payments platform in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the CTO, Chief Architect and the other domain Architects to understand overarching business objectives, achieve the groups OKRs and KPIs for each and every quarter.
- Develop and maintain a platform technology strategy that is aligned with business objectives.
- Recognize, validate and evangelize emerging technologies and architectures that align with business objectives.
- Work with platform service owners to identify gaps in platform functionality.
- Work with product owners to establish non-functional requirements for platform functionality.
- Collaborate with architects across the organization and other business units across PayPal inc. to design portable and interoperable solutions to support integration of core platform services.
- Maintain and prioritize platform architecture enhancements backlog.
- Guide implementation of platform enhancements.
- Coach/mentor technical leads/engineers on design principles.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and process practices.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
- 12+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience mentoring and developing software engineers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on a large object-oriented code base
- In depth Android development experience.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.