Senior Architect, M&A Advisory at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Software Architect (Consultant) to join our Transaction Services–Software Engineering Practice and deliver on technology M&A due diligence projects. The senior architect will partner with Transaction Services consultants and executive client stakeholders to provide assessment solutions and tech advisory across a variety of industries, including Private Equity, High-Tech & Software, Healthcare, and Financial Services. As a technology agnostic firm, they will also have the chance to continuously expand their skillset while working with cutting edge tools, platforms, and frameworks. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our newly formalized (but long existing) technology M&A offering and lead strategic enterprise architecture projects, software/product due diligences, post-merger integrations, and carve-out advisory engagements.
- Collaborate with Transaction Services’ consultants from other competencies (I.e. Cloud, Cybersecurity) in support of holistic, tech due diligence assessments for client M&A activity, and identify remediation opportunities through analysis of existing technology systems, software applications, and business processes
- Assess underlying software/technology landscape within enterprise organizations to make recommendations to strategic investors on improving market readiness, achieving long-term scalability, and/or reducing operational cost
- Analyze contemporary, layered software application/architecture stacks down to the code level
- Evaluate SDLC processes, risks, and project management methods for best practices, security, and maturity levels
- Formulate strategic investment summaries, key risk mitigation analyses, and long-term technology-based strategy for both pre-close and post-close projects
- Establish the linkage between business strategy and technology (and vice versa) to deliver impactful outcomes
- Stay abreast of technology trends and their practical (or potential) application, and help clients understand the ‘art of the possible’ with innovative and disruptive technology solutions
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying unique opportunities and liaising to appropriate client leads, account managers, or business developers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Confident in recognizing and applying modern software design concepts such as separation of concerns, microservices, service-oriented architecture, test-driven development, model-driven development, etc.
- Ability to measure maturity levels for client development teams and affiliated practices, such as SDLC processes, adherence to modern PM methodology (I.e. Agile/Scrum), quality assurance testing, etc.
- Awareness of contemporary and legacy software architectural patterns, styles, and respective tradeoffs
- Well-versed in complex business systems integration, migrations, and custom object-oriented design/development
- Familiar with application security, secure coding principles, DevSecOps, and/or secure SDLC
- Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting)
- Strong sense of urgency with comfortability delivering solutions in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.