Senior Automation Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
You will be joining one of the teams building Enterprise Payments Platform (EPP) as Senior Automation engineer at an exciting time when the platform has begun to take shape and gain momentum.
This position offers opportunity to work in this Greenfield project, get to work with the next generation tools and technologies and drive quality from the start with strong emphasis on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
This role is for an EPP scrum team member working as part of SAFe agile release train. The primary responsibilities are to contribute to produce the development code and unit testing to achieve the requirements of functional user stories, predominantly on middleware microservices and through Restful APIs. There will be opportunities to use new technologies every single day.
The Engineer is responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Java 8 J2EE coding, Test Driven Development to achieve the Acceptance Criteria of user stories
- Agile Feature Backlog Grooming
- Writing system and functional requirements documentation as required
- Writing low level technical design documentation as required
- Estimation of user stories
- Liaising with QA team to ensure that documentation is fit for purpose
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Core Java and/or Object Orientated Programming
- Spring (Core and Spring Integration)
- UNIX/Linux (command line and shell scripting)
- IntelliJ, Eclipse or Spring Tool Suite (STS)
- JSON processing and validation
- Test Driven Development (JUnit)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering or relevant field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering or relevant field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- The candidate will perform a wide variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and flexibility with regard to technology is expected.
- Spring Boot
- CI with Jenkins or similar
- PaaS (e.g. Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Apache Geode (GemFire)
- Working in distributed teams
- Design and development of systems incorporating message oriented middleware
- Design of Restful APIs and microservices
- Design of components
- Apache Storm, Kafka, HBase (Highly Available variant), Hive (Server 2), HDFS
- Hadoop OLTP tuning and administration
- Cluster management (Zookeeper) and administration
- HDFS native API and shell commands
- Scaled Agile Framework ©
- Financial/Payment Services
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!