Senior AWS Cloud Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
CIB Wholesale Payment Technology currently in need of a Senior AWS engineer for Machine Learning projects to join our fast-growing Fraud Prevention ML team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative team that analyzes data to develop tools to help fight payment fraud for our clients.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 4 - 6 years of related experience; Highly experienced with Agile practices/methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
- 2+ years with Big Date Hadoop cluster (HDFS, Yarn, Hive, MapReduce frameworks), Spark
- 2+ years of recent experience with building and deploying applications in AWS
- 5+ years of Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with AI/ML/Data Analytics
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Neptune, Athena
- Host secure, highly scalable, and private Git repositories with AWS CodeCommit
- Automate build, test, and packaging code with AWS CodeBuild
- Securely store and leverage Docker images and integrate them into your CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Quicksight, etc.
- Highly experienced in the use continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, etc) and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc).
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Build the infrastructure required to process data from a variety of data sources using SQL.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientists to optimize data
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.