We are looking for a Senior Back End Developer who has a strong interest in learning new technologies to join our growing team. You will be working with a team of talented developers, leads, and architects that will provide support as you expand your skill set and tackle important problems and resolve complex issues for our clients. Kotlin or Java experience is preferred, but we are open to candidates that have professional web development experience with other languages and a strong aptitude to learn.
If you thrive in an environment where you are surrounded by motivated, energetic developers and technologists consider this opportunity is the next step for you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with a team to solve problems and deliver project work for our clients
- Learn new technologies (with support from the team) as needed to support client work
- Create effectively tested, re-usable, and efficient code
- Support continuous improvement by staying up-to-date on technology
- Work collaboratively with a team in an Agile environment
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience
- Willing to learn new technologies and the aptitude to come up to speed quickly
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- 5+ years Java/Kotlin, object-oriented programming, MVC applications, API development, and web development experience
- Familiarity with the Agile development processes, including the use of coding standards and systems for version control, build, regression testing
- Actively participated in scalable website and web application development
- Hands-on experience designing/developing/consuming APIs
Nice to Have's
- eCommerce experience
- Exposure to eCommerce adjacent platforms (PIM, CPQ, DAM, etc.)
- Mobile experience - React Native, Kotlin, Swift
- CMS experience (AEM, Drupal)
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Read Full Job Description