We are currently seeking a back end developer to join us as we work to enhance our offerings around our Tracking platform. You will have the opportunity to deliver high impact, high visibility features that literally every ActiveCampaign customer will interact with on a daily basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build better, smarter, and more versatile experiences for Tracking and events across the platform
- Identify opportunities to improve ActiveCampaign's tracking platform reliability and performance as well as provide technical proposals and implementation plans
- Validate your designs by building performance and load testing tools
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their limits
- Work with engineers on other teams to design services and APIs that enable feature work across our engineering organization
- Evangelize best practices in software architecture, observability, and integration patterns
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
What is needed:
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience architecting scalable, cloud-native services in AWS
- Experience solving challenges in scaling and performance
- Experience building and shipping scalable applications
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language, such as Java, PHP, Go, etc.
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (like Symfony, Lumen, or Laravel)
- Experience in SQL including writing CRUD queries and database architecture
- Knowledgeable in best practices for automated testing
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Docker and Kubernetes exposure preferred
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and strong sense of ownership of tasks
- Passion for mentoring and educating other engineers through pairing and code reviews
- Experience building modern front end applications with a framework such as React is preferred
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.