Senior Backend Engineer - Experience at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
In this role, you will be part of a team building services supporting our employer and member experiences. As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
While we are embracing a remote-flexible work week, employees are expected to be within commuting distance of an office. The frequency of in-office days will be determined on a team-by-team basis closer to the reopening of our offices.What you’ll do:
- Drive the continued design and development of our backend systems
- Build the data pipelines and services to transform the raw medical data to easy to understand analytical data to allow Employers to understand the medical trend, spending trend, to make informed decisions on medical plan design.
- Mange the continuous optimization of the existing systems and processes to improve the engineering productivity and system reliability.
- Enjoys building well-engineered systems
- Has 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- Is well-versed in Java, SQL
- Communicates clearly up, down and across teams
- Balances getting things done with making things perfect
- Takes pride in mentoring other developers
- Likes to be involved in the decision making process, taking into account the needs of our customers as well as our company
- AWS cloud platform
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]