Senior Backend Engineer - Plans Team at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
The plans team within Collective Health is building a next generation system for describing, storing and serving complex healthcare plan information that serves as the backbone of our company. We are looking for a talented and motivated backend engineer who is eager to join our effort.As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Drive the continuous design and development of our backend systems, using modern technology and architecture to build the ecosystem of services to support our growing business
- Work on a multi-year green field platform project that will modernize how we handle plans, working hands-on with a broad cross-functional team to design and build solutions to support complex healthcare plans
- Enjoy building well-engineered systems
- Have 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- Are well-versed in Java or a similar language like .Net
- Have experience working with relational databases like Postgres
- Communicate clearly up, down and across teams
- Balance getting things done with making things perfect
- Take pride in mentoring and teaching other developers what you've learned
- Love working with a team of awesome, collaborative co-workers
- Like to be involved in the decision making process, taking into account the needs of our customers as well as our company
Our backend services follow micro services architecture written using Java and Spring; we use AWS for cloud services. Collective Health stores data in a set of PostgreSQL databases and utilizes Python & Spark for large scale data workloads. We have both Angular/template-based model and React-driven architecture for our front end.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please reach out to [email protected]