We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
About the Role:
Fast Radius is in search of a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team of diverse and driven product engineering organization to provide world-class user experiences in our custom software platform which helps orchestrate our design, production, and global fulfillment operations. This platform allows us to connect all the individual data points generated by a typical manufacturing plant and gain unparalleled insight into how to create better parts.
What We’re Working On:
- A ML driven costing workflow - This takes a 3D model and returns what we think the part will cost us to produce.
- A design feedback system which allows users to select points on a 3D model and leave specific feedback for other engineers.
- Automated manufacturability checks that can inform users when their 3D models won’t be able to be produced and why.
What We’re Looking for:
- 6+ years experience building production software or web applications focusing on writing clean, well-designed, and scalable code
- Deep expertise using Elixir or other general purpose language (C#, Java, Scala, etc. Bonus points for functional programming languages) to build web APIs
- Experience optimizing applications for speed, scalability, and extensibility
- Strong investment in mentorship and grooming of Jr. engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact productively with stakeholders
- A growth mindset
- Deliver a world-class user experience
- Work in our collaborative environment with product, design and software engineering
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship while tackling tough design and product problems
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description