SENIOR C++ DEVELOPER - STRATEGY
How You Can Make An Impact
You will architect, design, develop, test and deploy proprietary software including:
- Trading strategy simulation software optimized for distributed computation.
- Large-scale data acquisition, storage, accessibility, and visualization.
- Ultra low-latency trading strategies.
- Complex algorithmic trading systems.
- Real-time trade management and risk analysis platforms.
- Low-level optimizations for data processing.
- Automated trading strategies.
- Adapters for exchange protocols.
- Robust inter-process communication mechanisms.
Most importantly, you will collaborate with experienced teammates to learn and implement custom solutions that balance speed, features, and cost.
What You'll Need
- You have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ and Python with very tight resource/latency constraints. You’re up to date on the C++0x/11 standards and have opinions about them. Your experience includes working with C++ libraries like STL and Boost.
- You have a background with inter-process messaging, micro-service architectures, and API design. You have a knack for multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction. You’ve demonstrated expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates.
- You have prior experience working with Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu experience is a plus). You are comfortable working “under the hood” and are quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting.
- Your troubleshooting skills are superior concerning trading systems interaction with the Linux operating system and network communications. You have script development experience, preferably with Python, and previous SQL experience, including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance.
- You’ve worked in the trading industry supporting electronic trading systems and have a passion for the complex problems the industry must solve. You had the opportunity to work on challenging projects that involved things like building a custom compiler, writing a matching engine, or working with large amounts of data in real time. Your prior experience includes working with Ouch/Itch, OMNet, MDP3, ETI, FIX protocol and other alternative exchange protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You naturally gravitate toward mentorship and sharing your knowledge with others via hands-on training or documentation.
- You’re intellectually curious and have evidence of ongoing personal and professional growth through learning and applying new skills and knowledge.
- You’re self-motivated and have a desire to seek continual improvements you work product.
- You have a high level of ownership and accountability. You’re reliable and always follow through.
- You’re able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure.
- You have strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan and prioritize your time to meet deadlines.