SENIOR C++ DEVELOPER
How You Can Make an Impact
We are looking for a highly skilled Sr. Developer to join our growing technology team. Our team collaborates on the development and implementation of custom solutions that balance speed, features, and cost.
The ideal candidate has significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ and Python with very tight resource/latency constraints. This person will be responsible for the architecture, design, and development of proprietary software including:
- Trading strategy simulation software optimized for distributed computation
- Large-scale data acquisition, storage, accessibility, and visualization
- Ultra-low-latency trading strategies
- Complex algorithmic trading systems
- Real-time trade management and risk analysis platforms
- Low-level optimizations for data processing
- Automated trading strategies
- Adapters for exchange protocols
- Robust inter-process communication mechanisms
What You'll Need
- Extensive C++ knowledge including C++0x/11 standards and libraries like STL and Boost
- Background with inter-process messaging, micro-service architectures, and API design
- A knack for multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Demonstrated expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
- Experience working with Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu experience is a plus) including working “under the hood" with performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting
- Prior script development experience, preferably with Python, and previous SQL experience, including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
- Extensive experience supporting electronic trading systems and the opportunity to work on challenging projects that involve things like building a custom compiler, writing a matching engine, or working with large amounts of data in real time
- Prior experience includes working with Ouch/Itch, OMNet, MDP3, ETI, FIX protocol and other alternative exchange protocols
- Ability to communicate clearly with a natural tendency to mentor and share knowledge with others via hands-on training or documentation
- Intellectually curious and have evidence of ongoing personal and professional growth through learning and applying new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated with a desire to seek continual improvements in delivered work product
- Possess a high level of ownership and accountability
- Able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan and prioritize time to meet deadlines.
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to complete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.