SENIOR C++ DEVELOPER at Geneva Trading
How You Can Make An Impact
As a Senior C++ Developer within our growing technology team, you will be working to develop Geneva Trading’s new and highly integrated trading platform where performance and flexibility are the cornerstones of the solution. Through a highly collaborative approach, you will work on various areas of the technical stack including trading strategies, order routing, market data, and risk. You will be responsible for the architecture, design, and development of our new proprietary trading platform. You will interact with Traders, business stakeholders, and fellow team members to help navigate the clearest path to optimal solutions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about leveraging technology to solve complex technical problems and owning the solutions within a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment. Most problems require developing high-availability systems in C++ with tight resource and latency constraints.
- Building and maintaining ultra-low-latency trading strategies
- Design and develop complex algorithmic trading systems
- Proactively look for areas to improve our system, reducing complexity and improving performance
- Work directly with Product Lead and team members to incorporate enhancements, design solutions, and implement new trading applications in a clean, concise way that continues to decrease latency for execution edge
What You'll Need
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field of study
- 5+ years of low-level C++ programming experience including C++ 11/14 standards (C++ 17 knowledge is a plus) and libraries like STL and Boost
- Experience working with Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu experience is a plus) required
- Prior script development experience, preferably with Python, and previous SQL experience, including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
- Experience with distributed systems, multi-threading and/or operating systems optimizations
- Experience in developing extremely low latency / high message rates systems
- Experience designing intuitive API interfaces and shared toolsets is a plus
- Prior experience in proprietary trading or financial services environment is highly preferred
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, with a natural tendency to share knowledge with others and work collaboratively
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of projects and responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan and prioritize time to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status