Senior Change Management Engineer
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will own and oversee all technology changes introduced to the Enova production enterprise; from the software development teams as well as IT departments. You will work closely with all facets of business, operations and technical teams, coordinating numerous software changes across multiple platforms, as well as completing projects to improve the change control processes and procedures.
As a Sr. Change Management Engineer, you’ll support the adoption of DevOps practices across our broader technology organization, both from an infrastructure and cultural standpoint.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Lead and execute code deployments to production, coordinating activities with stakeholders such as business leaders and software engineers
- Trouble shoot to diagnose and resolve issues in a Unix environment during and after releases
- Collaborate with Deployment engineering to build change controls in the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- Analyze metrics and design new solutions to continuously optimize deployment time, minimize errors, and maintain the stability of the environment.
- Ensure adherence to the Enova Change Management policy, training cross-functional teams on established process and controls
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field
- Expertise with (AWS) Amazon Web Services as well as serverless and container-based technology
- Experience with a programming language (Ruby or Go is a plus) and PostgreSQL
- Technical knowledge of CI systems (such as Travis CI, Jenkins, or Spinnaker)
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and comfortable working within established code and process framework
- Superior analytic and logic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at technical and non-technical level
Nice to have:
- Scrum Knowledge
- Experience with Git or any other version control system
- Experience with SOX/PCI
Change Management Overview:
Our mission is to ensure efficient, prompt and complaint handling of all technology changes to the Enova production environment. We work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Our tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian Linux. Change Management is part of our technical operations team which works with: Chef, Big Panda, New Relic and Jenkins.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.