Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This role collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community, and our business as whole. This is a 'DevOps' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities
How You’ll Do It
- Leads the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continuous improvement of cloud products & capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Deploy and administer enterprise-grade, distributed application runtimes.
- Leverage configuration management and automation tools and technologies such as Chef, Anisible and Terreform to produce idempotent, resilient and immutable application environments
- Programmatically consume API’s to facilitate automation, orchestration and systems integration
- Produce self-service consumable application runtimes and supporting services
- Leverage deep understanding of modern cloud native concepts and implementations such as microservices, containers and the 12 factors to assist in the design of highly resilient, elastic applications and supporting services
- Execute system integrations with external services such as database, messaging, mail, etc
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Knowledge of distributed application environments such as JBoss, WebSphere, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift Container Platfrom and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of virtual technologies, VMWare preferred.
- Experience in Linux systems administration and automation
- Familiarity with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Enterprise application development experience #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.