Senior Cloud Engineer at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for working with key stakeholders to help define our on-prem and public Cloud strategy, and delivering those capabilities through modern automation tools, principles and patterns. Responsibilities will include ‘cloud-native’ platform advocacy to enhance features and improve adoption. This is a ‘DevOps’ position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
The cloud integration and automation (CIA) engineer, under direct supervision, will champion efforts to increase automation efforts across our core infrastructure, extending our IaaS provisioning stack beyond compute to expand CI/CD efforts resulting in increased adoption to infrastructure as code. They should have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently, communicating effectively across multiple technical teams.
- Leads the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continuous improvement of cloud products & capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Python)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related field
- Demonstrates growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Experience developing and integrating against APIs
- Terraform engineering and integration into AWS, GCP and using the vSphere provider
- Compliance as Code and infrastructure testing using INSPEC or other framework
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment is a plus
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!