Senior Cloud Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Sr. AWS Cloud Engineer is an exciting role that has one foot planted in Security in the Cloud and the other in DevOps Automation for AWS. This is a fast paced role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas. As a member of the AWS Cloud Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for implementing CI/CD, infrastructure as code, AWS Services Integration and DevOps.
Responsible for working with key stakeholders to help define our on-prem and public Cloud strategy, and delivering those capabilities through modern automation tools, principles, and patterns. Responsibilities will include ‘cloud-native’ platform advocacy to enhance features and improve adoption. This is a ‘DevOps’ position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Leads the design, build, and maintenance of modern Cloud platforms that support Agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for Cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continual improvement of the IaaS product and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Python)
At a minimum, heres what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related field
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience in application or platform development, Consulting, or related
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment is a plus
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!