Senior Consultant (Infrastructure Recovery) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Incident Response & Recovery (IR&R) team and focus on recovering core IT infrastructure technologies for our clients experiencing a ransomware event (or similar security incident). We are looking for a dynamic professional with experience designing, engineering, and deploying a wide array of infrastructure technologies – systems, servers, networks, etc. – on short timelines. This is a rewarding opportunity to play a pivotal role in implementing cutting edge solutions, while migrating our clients to a new IT environment with the goal of restoring their business operations.
- Rapidly deploy to a client site or sites during or in the aftermath of a major security incident, I.e. Ransomware
- Assess current state of the breached client environment to quickly understand key impacted business systems/processes and effectively gather business and technology requirements for the solution(s)
- Collaborate cross-functionally within a team of 2-4 or more IR&R teammates, including consultants from both our Cloud & Infrastructure and Cybersecurity practices (among others)
- Work with your IR&R team to evaluate, recommend, and implement new processes and technologies, or recover existing systems, to allow our clients to resume technical and business operations
- Engineer, deploy, and recover critical infrastructure technologies for both on-prem and cloud environments
- Communicate with West Monroe project management to provide status and other engagement updates
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-7+ years of experience in systems or network engineering, architecture, and/or administration
- Experience working in an infrastructure engineering role that focused on any of the following: server platforms, Windows or Linux systems, cloud, networking, hosting, virtualization, storage, and/or application platforms
- Proficient implementation experience with any of the following: Azure, AWS, Office 365, Windows Server, Active Directory, MS Exchange, PowerShell, VMware, Citrix, SCCM/MDT/WDS, Cisco and other network routers/switches
- Strong communication and project management skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Willingness to learn new technologies to enable West Monroe to deliver quality solutions to clients
- Comfortable working flexible hours, including occasionally weekends and overnights, in exchange for schedule flexibility when not actively responding to a client incident
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.