Senior Customer Application Engineer at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:51 a.m. (CST) on Monday, March 7, 2022
What we are looking for: The Senior Customer Application Engineer motivates and inspires their colleagues through their technical leadership and creates an environment that promotes positive communication, encourages collaboration and demonstrates technical excellence in manufacturing and engineering design. Provide leadership to a team that is the technical end-to-end owner for the entire customer order lifecycle - from initial project scoping through manufacturing and fulfillment.
About the Role:
- Individual contribution, responsible for engineering support of 1-2 Account Executive’s book of business
- Provide Manufacturing subject matter expertise on supported manufacturing technology: Additive Manufacturing, CNC Milling/Turning, Injection Molding, Cast Urethane, Sheet Metal Bending
- Track and report against engineering processes and technical consistency
- Own escalated customer communication, and comfortable having ‘hard conversations as early as possible
- Responsible for on-boarding new customer application engineer team members
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with team members
- Point of escalation for engineering/technical issues for all team members
- Responsible for driving engineering metrics & OKRs within team
- Define and own training initiatives within the team to continue to develop individual and team skill set
- Lead by example, demonstrating the organizational and team values in application engineering, in both customer interactions and technical leadership
- Collaborate with Head of Customer Application Engineering on process improvement, operational strategy and team coaching
- Act as liaison between the customer application engineering team and other business functions
- Create a positive, productive, and fun working environment that inspires the team
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an engineering design and/or manufacturing environment1-3 years Experience managing people, or previous technical leadership experience
- Customer facing experience and proficiency in technical communication and engineering design reviews
- Technical proficiency in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: Additive Manufacturing, CNC Milling/Turning, Injection Molding, Cast Urethane, Sheet Metal Bending Ability to coordinate and prioritize resources across multiple projects/opportunities
- Expert level experience creating, reading, and evaluating 3D CAD models and 2D engineering drawings
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Empathetic listener, confident communicator
- Demonstrated success as a individual contributor in a design/application engineering role
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description